Some beauty creams like night creams can work wonder for your skin and there is a reason that it is called “beauty sleep”. A night cream on your bed side is a very important addition for your night time routine as it is something which helps a lot in keeping your skin revitalized and moisturized.
Let’s have a look on some interesting facts about night creams as they are and must be a part of your nightly skin care routine.
- Night creams are slightly thick in consistency when compared to day creams as they have highly concentrated ingredients which help your skin cells to boost turnover, moreover increases circulation and hydration. In addition to it, night creams help amplify repairing of the skin cells which have seen some hard time during the sunny hours.
- Night creams help reconstruct your skin sells as the ingredients are more focused to soothe and hydrate your dull skin after a hectic long day. So, we can say that night creams provide a break from the skin breakouts which occur all day due to heat, cold, dryness or pollution.
- Most good night creams contain hyaluronic acid and Co-enzyme Q10 ingredients which help in cell renewal of the epidermal wall on the skin.
How to apply night creams?
Well, the best time for applying a night cream recommended by dermatologists is 10PM to 2AM as cell regeneration is at its peak during these hours. Instead of using it right before going to bed, you should apply night cream a bit earlier after proper cleansing. After cleansing your skin thoroughly, apply toner and serum and then put on some night cream and massage it in your skin in circular motion going upward.
Keep your skin type into consideration while choosing a night cream:
Just like day creams, night creams should also be purchased considering your skin types as no size fits all.
- If your skin is dry, you should use night creams which contain ingredients like hyaluronic acid, squalene or oils so that your skin can be revitalized. Try to use creams with non-abrasive and gentle ingredients.
- For oily skin, dermatologists recommend using a gel based night cream which is not highly concentrated and light on skin so that pores clogging can be avoided. Ingredients like lactic acid or glycolic can help unclog pores and keep in check the levels of oil on your skin which can otherwise also cause acne on your skin.
- For mature skin, it is recommended to use night creams which have anti-aging elements. Collagen production for anti-aging is very important so use creams which have Vitamin A and Peptides.
It is not important that you should always use expensive night creams. If you cannot afford you can use low cost under 500 INR night creams like mentioned below and give your skin the nightly repair it actually needs.
- Soul Tree Anti-Wrinkle Cream
- Biotique Bio Wheatgerm Youthful Nourishing Night Cream
- Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel
- Boots Anti-Ageing Night Cream
- Garnier Skin Naturals Wrinkle Lift Anti-Ageing Cream
- Himalaya Herbals Revitalizing Night Cream