Summer season has just started. Our hair and skin are the most vulnerable parts of body that are affected with the heat of the hot summer season. But you do not need to worry. Olive oil is the best ingredient you could ever find in your home to treat your hair and skin well. Olive oil is naturally rich in hydrating squalene and anti-aging properties which makes it extremely useful for skin, nails and hair. Let’s have a look on some of the olive oil infused masks which you can make at home all by yourself to save your skin and hair from scorching heat of the sun.
- Olive oil and eggs: Take two eggs and whisk them properly. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix it well and a thick mask is ready for your hair. This mask is very helpful for restoring shine and natural beauty of your hair. Apply it on your roots and then take it to the edges. Wait for 30 minutes or more if you can and then wash your hair with shampoo and cold water. This mask also proves beneficial for resolving the issue of dandruff.
- Olive oil, oats and honey: Crush oats and make coarse powder out of it. Add olive oil in this powder according to the quantity you need for your face or body. After mixing it, add some honey in it. Apply this paste on your face and body. Leave this mask on for 10 minutes. You can use this mask as a body scrub too by gently rubbing this mixture on your body. It greatly helps to remove dead skin cells.
- Olive oil, banana, honey and lemon: This mask works as a moisturizer for your scalp and hair. You can prepare this mask by adding one tbsp of lemon, olive oil and honey in two fully crushed bananas. Let this mask set on your hair and scalp for 30 minutes. This is a natural conditioner that helps your hair to shine and element of lemon juice helps to control dandruff.
- Olive oil, argan oil, sesame oil and jojoba oil: This is a DIY mask and it is very beneficial for your hair. It fully fills all your hair conditioning needs and keeps your hair strong and shinny. You need to heat olive oil and then add other three oils in a quantity to prepare 3 tbsp of this mask. You can add some drops of lavender oil too because of its calming properties. Apply this mixture on your scalp and roots of your hair and you will soon feel the difference.
- Olive oil and avocado: Take one ripe and mashed avocado and mix a tbsp of olive oil in it. Blend this mixture well. This is the best homemade mask for skin care. Leave this mask on your face for ten minutes and then rinse it off. Avocado will help to calm your skin and it will eliminate all inflammation.
These masks are very beneficial for healthy skin and hair and have long lasting effects.