Among skin types, dry skin is the most difficult to take care of and it’s the most needy of attention. It’s easy to follow the wrong routine because there are many skin care tips, but if you have a dry skin you cold end up with doing things that could hurt it even more. So, what are the steps to follow if you have a dry skin.
- Wear sunscreen, in winter also: sun damage makes your skin slowly unable to hold moisture or feel smooth, but if you protect it with a sunscreen it will always be protected from UV ray
- Use moisturizers: it’s very important to moisturize your skin so choose carefully the products with this function as serums, gels, lotions, creams, firming etc. Moisturizers should be filled with antioxidants, ingredients that help skin hold on to water, skin-repairing ingredients, and anti-inflammatory ingredients
- Exfoliate: exfoliating, the process of cells turnover is important for healthy skin, but due to sun’s action, your skin could need help. Find an exfoliant product in order to help your skin to remove the build-up of old skin cells and the replacing them with newer, smoother ones
- Don’t forget your lips: lips are the least capable of staying smooth and soft. Take care of them during day and night: apply and reapply an emollient lipstick or gloss; at night don’t go to sleep before protecting your lips with an emollient lip-balm all year-round.
- Never use products containing drying or irritating ingredients: but you already knew that one, right? Avoid constant exposure to dry environments, cod weather, or air from heaters or air conditioners. Adding a humidifier to your home can make a world of difference!