Hello everyone,I am having an amazing vacation in Kerala when this post goes live and keeping in mind the sticky and humid weather of Kerala, I thought why not talk about my top 10 matte lipsticks which I’m going to use a lot this 2016, and the best part is they are all easily available in India. Matte lipsticks are the best if you want a smudge proof look and especially if you are someone who sweats a lot on their face, they are your best friends!!!
- Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry: I fell in love with this shade in just one look. It’s a very flattering color for ladies with skin tone like mine or even darker than mine (medium to dark).When you apply this on the lips, it feels just like a lip balm but with a matte finish.
- Colorbar Kiss Proof Lip Stain in Haute Latte: A very wearable color for office and college. It stays for a long long time and this color is especially so flattering for all kinds of skin tones. Make sure to scrub your lips generously before using this lip stain.
- FACES Cosmetics Ultime Pro Lip Crayon in Midnight Rose: This is a very recent launch by Faces and everyone in the blogging community just can’t stop raving about it especially this shade. Apart from midnight rose, the other shades are also really good and wearable and stays on the lips for more than 4-5 hours.
- Sugar Matte as Hell Lip Crayon in Scarlett O’Hara: I first discovered SUGAR cosmetics when I received their eyeliner in my FABBAG. This is a very lovely red color and suits all skin tones. They have 4 shades available and even their nude shade is absolutely perfect for darken skin tones as well.
- Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Cream in Shade 17: This is the prefect dupe for the Nyx Soft Matte Lip cream but way too cheaper. The price is around 170 INR and can be bought from JAIN BROTHERS if you are in Bangalore. Shade 17 is a nude brown shade and looks really good on all skin tones. The only issue is that it settles in the creases and thus one needs to properly exfoliate the lips the night prior to get a smooth application.
- Colobar Velvet Matte Lipstick in Oh My Magenta: This is the most popular and budget friendly matte lipstick range. It has more than 20 shades to choose from. The texture is creamy and smooth with amazing pigmentation and has a decent lasting power. It’s not completely matte and has some creaminess to it but the lips has to be properly moisturized with a lip balm before the application.
- Maybelline Velvette Matte Lipstick in Matt 11: The Maybelline Velvet Matte Lipsticks are similar to the Maybelline Lip Polishes when it comes to packaging but instead of the silver caps, these have a matte black
- Loreal Moist Matte Lipstick in Maple Mocha : The Loreal Moist Matte Lipstick in Maple Mauve has a very creamy texture and settles down into a matte finish within 10-15 minutes. Since the 90’s trend of wearing brown shades on the lip is back, this will be a great way to start.
- Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream: A wonderful fuchsia pink in a wet form which transforms to a matte finish on lips and gives an incredible staying power. The only problem is that it settles into fine lines after sometime, but if you exfoliate your lips before the application, it’s going to be the best product for you:)
So these were my top 9 matte lip products and i hope you liked the list I have put up for you all. They are all easily available in the Indian market and works well for both those who love super matte lips and those who like to have moisturized yet matte looks. Do let me know what are your favorite matte lip products in the comment section below and i would love to try them too.Till then stay awesome?